14 April 2009

Winter Dinners

Roasted Cabbage and potates served with Quinoa and lots of parsleyRoasted Cauliflower and Sweet potatoes with Pasta
Rice & Chickpea Stuffed Peppers with oven-baked zucchini slices
Roasted Potatoes with Red Onion, served with frozen spinach (just salt and olive oil added)
Spinach-Leek-Quiche with more roasted potatoes


Though I haven't written the recipes for these meals, I did feel inspired to take pictures of a few meals I have made in the last few months. The stuffed peppers were a spontaneously created dish, which turned out quite well. (My cousin Abigail suggested I make stuffed peppers, so I did. They were such a tasty and well-rounded meal that I will try them again and write a recipe for them.)

These meals are all vegan, except for the one which is a Quiche.
Basically, you see I have made a lot of roasted potatoes!
That is partly because potatoes are abundant, fresh, and cheap here
in Germany. Also, I think they are delicious and so does Greg. I often
make sweet potato with various kinds of white potatoes in this very
simple way:

Turn on Oven to 175-200 degrees Celcius
Chop Potatoes into Bite-sized pieces (not too small!)
Add plenty of olive oil to a roasting pan
Toss in the potatoes
Add chopped garlic and/or slivered onions
Add a teaspoon or two of Hungarian Paprika
Also add plenty of salt and any other spices you like
(such as Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Parsely, Sage, Cinnamon)
Bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes, stirring a few times.
Serve with spicy mustard or ketchup, or as a side dish for just about
any meal, especially with a dish which contains something green,
such as Spinach-Leek Quiche (as pictured), Quinoa with Scallions (as pictured),
plain-old-spinach...I'll think of more ideas later!

No comments:

Post a Comment